We welcome your comments and questions.
To submit an article or review, please use the form provided below. If you have questions before submission, please use the Contact Us page.
Guidelines For Submissions
- Submitted articles can be interpretations of treatises of political philosophy as well as literary works, theological works, and writings on jurisprudence that have an important bearing on political philosophy.
- All submissions must be in Microsoft Word® and sent via the submissions form found below.
- Submissions must be under 8,000 words, including notes and bibliographic references, and must be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 150 words.
- Because Interpretation is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal, all author identification and all references that would identify an author’s own publications must be removed from the document.
- A separate title page, with the author’s affiliation and contact information (including address, postal code, email address, and phone number) must be included with your MS.
- Contributors should follow The Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition). The Chicago Manual of Style offers publications the choice between sentence-style capitalization in titles of books or articles and headline-style.
- Interpretation uses the headline style.
- Parenthetical references no longer use “p.” or “pp.” Interpretation has reverted to the traditional form of citation and no longer uses the author/date form. Please double space the entire text. Footnotes, rather than endnotes, are preferred.
- Words from languages not rooted in Latin should be transliterated to English. Foreign expressions that have not become part of English should be accompanied by translation into English.
Inquiries by mail:
Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy
Department of Political Science
1 Bear Place, 97276
Waco, TX, 76798
The form below is for manuscript submissions. If you have questions, please go to the Contact Us Page.